1. Don’t train your biceps too much, your biceps are one of the smallest muscles in the body, and they require little training, this is the most common mistake that most trainees do. Don’t work your biceps more than 2 times a week. Don’t do too many sets for the biceps, 3 exercises with 3 sets each is sufficient and even more than sufficient in order to build big biceps, so don’t do more than that in a single workout session.
2. Do the biceps exercises with strict form. Don’t cheat, leave your ego at the door. Don’t jerk nor swing the weight, lift it in a controlled movement. You’re not cool if you put a lot of weight and you’re swinging your whole body like you’re doing some crazy dance , you’re not going to impress the cute cardio bunny by doing that, in the contrary, you’re going to get ridiculed for what you’re doing.
3.Work in the 6-12 rep range, it is proven to be most effective for putting mass in most people, although there are some rare exceptions.
4. The biceps tend to easily adapt to training routines, change your workout routine every 4-6 weeks, and alternate the exercises you’re doing.
5. If you’re not finding success with your normal biceps workout, try working your back and your biceps in the same day. First work you back with heavy compound movements like deadlift, pull-up, rows, close-grip chin ups, and at the end add 2 isolation biceps exercises (3 sets each) to your workout.
6. Concentrate on the eccentric movement, the eccentric (negative) movement is the movement done when you’re lowering the weight, from the end point of the movement to the starting movement. It’s not just important to lift the weight, but the manner in which you lower the weight back to the starting position is also important and very often overlooked. Lower the weight in a controlled fashion and concentrate on your biceps while doing so.
7. I’ve found the following biceps exercises to be effective for building big biceps: close grip chin-up (compound exercise), barbell curl, dumbbell curl, incline dumbbell curl, hammer curl.
Try to squeeze in a couple of those in your routine.
8. Try to squeeze hard at the top of the movement, squeeze / flex your biceps at the top of the movement, it works the biceps more thoroughly and puts more strain on it, which results with more size on the biceps.
9. Rest one minute between sets. One minute rest is sufficient when working the biceps. Giving only a minute rest between sets doesn’t let the biceps cool off, so you’re fatiguing them more with each following set that is done. The 1 minute rest between sets also seems to produce a great pump in the biceps, which is ultimate feeling of satisfaction.
10. When doing barbell exercises try gripping the bar with the thumb under the bar. You normally wrap the thumb over the top of the bar; this time put it underneath the bar. Experiment a bit with this kind of grip, it tends to give out a better isolation in some cases, and a greater overall feel in the biceps when the biceps is worked.
After you applied the 10 tips I listed…you’re sleeves are probably getting tight, so go out and buy yourself some new shirts… you deserve it!.